Welcome Valley Springs Elementary families!
I am proud and honored to serve the students of Valley Springs Elementary School, a school with a legacy of caring and high standards. It is very obvious that VSE families place a high value and priority on student learning and well-being. Our volunteers make an important difference in our students’ learning. It takes a collaborative effort between the school and community to ensure each child’s maximum potential.
In addition to the ‘3 Rs’, our students enjoy a myriad of exciting instructional opportunities and support including instruction by specialists in Computers, Library, Music, Art and Gardening. Reading intervention and counseling are offered, as well.
Our staff is committed to on-going professional development and are well-versed in research-based best practices. Teachers, committed to each and every student, plan engaging instruction, reflective of data, that is both rigorous and relevant to the global society in which we live. Our parents are active participants in their children’s education. We are grateful to our wonderful PTO for supporting our classrooms with special activities and fundraisers.
Our goals this year include:
· Positive relationship-building with our students, families, community, and staff
· Provide a positive, safe, and supportive school climate
· Promote high expectations and improve student achievement in all areas
· Increase instructional rigor and relevance in Common Core Standards
· Promote, model, and support good character, leadership, problem-solving abilities, mutual respect, and responsibility
· Grow our PTO membership and involvement
I look forward to working with you and your child to ensure an outstanding, 21st century learning experience!